4 Reasons to Get Your Carpets and Rugs Professionally Cleaned
Have you ever stopped to think about what is lurking deep down in your carpet? An article in Men’s Health Magazine cited research published in 2001 which showed that the average indoor carpet had about 200,000 bacteria per square inch. That’s about 4,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat.
When you get home, dirt and grime that is on the bottom of your shoes or pet’s paws is wiped off on your carpets and rugs. Many of the particles that fall on a carpet or rug settle and never get removed. Your carpets are a harbor for all sorts of gross material: dead skin cells, dust mites, pet hair and dander, bacteria, pollen, dust, bugs, not to mention odors like pet urine.
Isn’t Vacuuming Enough?
Vacuuming is crucial to minimize and control all the things that collect in carpeting and rugs. However, it can only do so much. To deep clean and remove the small particles, it’s best to get your carpets and rugs professionally deep-cleaned every six months to a year. Don’t use an at-home carpet cleaner as they do not have enough suction to get all the grime out. It often leaves a layer of moisture which can lead to mold deep in your carpet.
Allergies and Carpet Cleaning
Besides dangerous bacteria and disgusting grimeis, dirty carpets also harbor copious amounts of allergens. The pollen, dust, and other allergens that get trapped in your carpet can cause respiratory issues and wheezing when they get kicked up into the air when someone walks on the carpet or vacuums it.
If people in your house have allergies or sensitivities, being in carpeted areas of the house can become miserable for them. No one wants to sit in a room and immediately start to sniffle or sneeze.
Do Rugs Get as Dirty as Carpet?
Believe us, they do. Take a look at this video to see the filthy water coming out of ONE RUG.
What are the Advantages of Professional Carpet Cleaning?
- Professionals have higher quality equipment
- Professional equipment heats the water to a much higher temperature. The trucks operating the equipment have more power so the equipment can apply and extract the cleaner with more pressure. This results in the removal of more allergens and crud from the carpet, plus faster drying time.
- Professionals have training and experience
- They will know how to get rid of specific types of stains and odors that you do not.
- You won’t have to deal with common do-it-yourself mistakes
- People who try and clean their carpets make a lot of mistakes. If they don’t completely rinse their carpet, the sticky fibers will attract more dirt once the carpet dries. If the home carpet machine isn’t strong enough, water will remain at the base of the carpet creating a potential for mold growth.
- Your carpet will last longer
- When you take proper care of your carpet it will last longer. Over time, debris will accumulate in your carpets and cause the fibers to split and deteriorate. Regular vacuuming and regular professional cleaning will keep your carpet in top shape for a longer time.
Professional Carpet and Rug Cleaning at Affordable Prices
Absolute Cleaning & Restoration is a locally owned and family-run company that cares about each of our customers. Our prices are very competitive and we employ fully trained professionals to ensure our work is top-notch. Many of our customers are repeat clients who keep coming back due to our quality service and customer relationships. Give us a call today to learn more about our carpet cleaning and rug cleaning services.